Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Week 3: Take Flight!

Got a jump start on this week's theme, but I did have something in mind. These Adventurine butterflies have been hanging around in my "green" bag for some time - I've made a couple of simple strung pieces with them, but hadn't found the right design to let them "fly" yet.

I like this design - 14g sterling frame for the cuff bracelet, tiny pearls and sterling seamless rounds along with the Adventurine are woven using 26g sterling wire. I can't LOS this piece because of the pearls, but I like it just fine the way it is - bright and shiny.

The one thing I am NOT happy with is the end wrap. To my eye, it looks messy, and I need to find a better way to end these wrapped pieces. They need to be secure, but neat...something to keep working on.

I really like this piece, and received compliments from my boys on it. It's simple but elegant, lightweight but has enough heft that I'm not afraid to wear it.

No comments: