Sunday, February 25, 2007

Week 8: Atmosphere


Well, the intention and idea were good. I'm not so sure about the execution.

The donut is one I picked up last year in Kansas City at the Bead Blast in May. It's blue goldstone, and is a really deep, rich navy color with flecks of silver embedded. I wanted to wrap the donut a little differently, and it really looked raw in the center.

Based on that, I coiled some half-round wire into a spiral and fitted it into the center. It did make it look more finished, but wouldn't stay put. The half-round wraps from the center to the outside were supposed to look like a star, and they do...but I'm not happy with the way they look.

And the bail is just awful, IMO. It looks sloppy and just wrong, but I had a hard time getting it to finish right. I may redo this one at a later date, or I may just pull it apart and do something completely different with the stone.

Final pendant was oxidized with hard-boiled eggs...if nothing else, the resulting blue tones from the egg did work nicely with the navy blue of the stone.

And finally, I'm caught up and back on track!!!

No comments: