Sunday, February 25, 2007

Week 7: Stormy Weather




Getting caught up after being behind. I've been creating, just not on YOJ theme, so I wanted to get something that was somewhat close. :)


This ring is much better than last weeks - it's the right size at least! Angie had given me this moonstone when we did a swap last year, and I was going to put it in a bracelet, but I like this application better.

The base of the ring is 18g hh round, wrapped with 18g hr. I curled the ends down to use as a frame for the stone, and can see that one of the curls didn't quite make it all the way down. Not sure how I missed it when I was making it (it's so darned obvious now!) but it may have loosened up in the tumbler.



The stone is set on a 24g wire and then wrapped down to the next half-round wraps on both sides. It does flip around if I want to switch which side is up. No visible difference from the front to back of the stone, however.

No LOS in the house, so I used hard boiled eggs. They were really fresh, and I left the ring in the bag with them for quite a while and got a really nice, deep blue finish. Finished up the ring with a polishing cloth and then tossed in the tumbler for about 30 minutes.

No comments: